Wednesday, July 24, 2013

lochlan's irish hunt nursery reveal

Hello abode lovers! I know, it's been forever... I have been busy being pregnant and super lazy. I'm officially at the hospital, that's right, I'm blogging from my hospital bed and literally having contractions while I type. Mister Husband and I checked in this afternoon to get the ball rolling... there are some interesting things going on with a balloon as we speak, I'm not sure how much I want or need to go into that... but, it's happening y'all, it's really happening. I don't know how so many women do this and then act like it's totally natural and normal, this is insane abode lovers... amazing and insane. 

Anyway, I've been super busy in preparation for this baby, I tell you what, nesting is REAL! Today I am so excited to reveal my son, Lochlan's irish hunt nursery! It's been a labor of love, with a TON of help from my Super Mom-- I. Just. Love. It!!!! I am so nervous but super excited to welcome our first baby into this crazy world. I'm sure his first thought upon his arrival will be, "so mom, where's my super fab nursery that I've been hearing you yap about for months?!?" and I'll be all, "oh just WAIT until you see it babe, it's amaze." Mister Husband would totally not approve of this imaginary convo, but that's just how I see it going...  

I shared the inspiration board HERE, and now you can see it in the flesh. Oh, I'm so in love y'all. 

The nursery is in our old office (which has been moved upstairs to the Man Mountain, more on that later!) It's a small space, but it's the closest room to our master bedroom and I think it's the perfect size for our little lad! 

The entire nursery centered around this custom made fabric that I used as wallpaper. I have always adored the Lady of the Manor wallpaper that Anthropologie USED to sell.... I was CRUSHED when they stopped selling it as soon as I got pregnant! After making countless calls and being very disappointed, my Super Mom (hence the name) told me that I should make my own version, print it on fabric and use liquid starch to stick that stuff to the walls! It's better than my inspiration but has the same feel as the original Lady of the Manor wallpaper. My Super Mom drew every little animal, Spoonflower printed the fabric, and Super Mom spent HOURS hanging it while I hung out and kept her company. I tell you what, that is a HARD job and I wouldn't suggest it to anyone who's not fearless and incredibly patient. Aren't y'all jealous that she's not YOUR Super Mom?!? To check out the Lady of the Manor wallpaper refer to my post a few months ago.







I painted the clover piece that hangs in the center of Lochlan's gallery wall. I figured that he needed an original Laurel Dawn of his own! If you'd like to have a Clovers for Lochlan print, you're in luck, I'll be selling them soon!




 




 







So what do you think? Will our little lad, Lochlan, like his space? I can't wait to share more details and Lochlan's first days in the world- it won't be long now! Thank you abode lovers for being so awesome and giving me a nice maternity break from blogging, I promise I'll be back more regularly over the next few weeks and beyond!

48 comments:

  1. It's adorable! What a room full of love! Good luck and enjoy every second of this wild ride called "motherhood." You will never forget this day/night. So excited for you, even though I don't know you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! Good luck! Can't wait to see the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so excited to see the nursery reveal because I knew it was going to be AMAZING!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Seriously this is the BEST nursery I have ever seen! Congrats on becoming a Mommy! The most amazing feeling in the world! All the hard work will totally be worth it! Cannot wait to see pics of him and so glad you are back to blogging! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so lovely and handsome! i'm glad you are back blogging, I've missed reading! Best of luck with the delivery and meeting your sweet babe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAAHHHHH!!! How exciting!!! Your baby is going to be gorgeous, well duh! LOVE the nursery. Wishing you an easy breezy delivery and good health to the two of you. Congrats to you and the Mister. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome! The room and that you are in labor! Hope everything goes smoothly and can't wait for you to meet your boy! I love the room and I am sure that little man is super pumped about it too![

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Laurel-Dawn! Congrats and well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks amazing! The wallpaper totally makes the room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Moly! You are in labor!! Go girl!! This is so exciting. The nursery is fantastic! I am in love with your clovers and that wallpaper is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic job, both you and Super Mom!

    Blessings on the new babe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHHHHHHH Laurel Dawn!!! You never fail to take my breath away with your design!!!! I love the nursery!!! Good luck with the delivery and I can wait to see pics of the Lil man and can't wait to see you blogging again!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so beautiful and serene! Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!! Where did you find the lantern pendent??
    marmeade0709@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the cutest nursery I have seen since I did my little Granddaughter's last year! He is a lucky boy and will certainly be aware of his roots. Also, your mom is so talented...can she be my mom too?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning! You have one great mama! I've thought about trying my hand at hanging fabric on a wall with starch but not sure I have the patience for it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing. Unique. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks super cozy and I love the green! <3 Best wishes on the delivery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowza! What a room filled with love and personality! Can't wait for the source list, that changing table/shelving unit has my name ( same as yours strangely enough) written all over it! Congrats on your new bundle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The metal shelving unit is from rhbabyandchild! http://www.rhbabyandchild.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=rhbc_prod261077&categoryId=rhbc_cat101054

      Delete
  20. This is my first visit to your blog, and I am so inspired! Your son's nursery is amazing--I still can't believe your mom hand drew all those animals on the wallpaper!! Many blessings to your new family as you prepare to welcome your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely incredible. You are now a super mom too! That's a lucky little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Soooo excited for you to become a Momma! Congratulations alllll day long! The nursery is extraordinary, it took my breath away. You're so talented and your little Lochlan will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it!! great job! Can't wait to "meet" the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. gorgeous! so much character packed in that little space. Best wishes for an easy delivery!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Free Social Media Marketing where Every thing will be Free, Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Re-Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Plus Followers, StumbleUpon Followers, Youtube Views, Youtube Likes, Youtube Subsribes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest PinIt, Free Website Visitors.
    Just Join now and Free Increase your Social Media Networks.
    GetLikeFast.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful work on the nursery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing beautiful not detailed overlooked. dying to know the crib source please -

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, this is truly stunning! We're a very Irish family (husband's parents still have the brogue) and I wish I'd thought of something so awesome. Your ideas an execution are brilliant! Good luck with the balloon - I had the same thing and unfortunately it didn't work for me (and was insanely uncomfortable, as you've found out).

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a gorgeous room! I so want the Clovers for Lochlan print! It is gorgeous and is what drew me to your site from centsationalgirl.com. I am Irish from my father's side and just adore anything Irish!

    Congrats on a gorgeous room and a new lad.

    ReplyDelete
  30. where did you get the clover painting?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm new to your blog and just saw you at Centsational Girl's BOTB. This is one of the best nursery designs I have ever seen. So different and stylish. Love it and love you taste!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Bumper pads and a crib placed directly in front of a window - two bad practices. Maybe you should look at the safety factor before making design decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks great - where did you buy your crib?

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG, BEAUTIFUL!!! But I think you might want to check into having the crib in front of a widow - babies are super sensitive to temp fluctuation - drafts, sun shine . . . and did I miss it? Where is the changing table?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely adorable and with so much taste . . love the wall paper and especially the framed collection of pics over the chair. How exciting it must be :O) Blessings on your new arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have to third diane and mml. . .design is my addiction and there's nothing that makes me happier than a beautiful room. . .but there's so much more than "pretty" to consider when designing for little ones. There are so many dangers in this room i don't even know where to begin. So instead of giving you a rundown of all the literally life threatening things here, i'll just give you this bit of advice: keep in mind that once you start recognizing all the dangers, you'll realize you have to completely rearrange the room. So don't let your heart get too attached to the way it is now, or you'll be heartbroken when you have to move all the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  37. It is absolutely perfect!!! I love every detail. Sad my nursery days are behind me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Geez, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for people telling you things are wrong! Some people are ridiculous. I'm a Mommy of two girls ... I don't cloth diaper, I didn't have time to breast feed, and so many people make you feel bad for things like that. Or for putting bumpers (which I use when they're not moving b/c I find them beautiful). You are GREAT. EVERYONE parents differently and dear lord, some people need to get off their high horse.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I never realized you had some negative comments written about the room. I mean seriously, what woman in this day and age doesn't research baby safety first before putting the plans in motion??? To think that you would endanger your child for the sake of design is cray-cray! I hope you didn't let the comments get to you and rain on one of the happiest moments of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the room, love the tribute to your mom--as in "Super Mom Wallpaper." As for the less-than-nice comments... folks, if you don't like it, you certainly don't have to live in it or with it. I do think it smacks a bit of envy, because there are very few people that wouldn't want to plop down in that chair and look around and enjoy the peaceful vibe. And if it doesn't work in the long run, hey, it's only furniture, it can be rearranged in an afternoon. Enjoy it all and good luck. And, yes, you're right: I am envious that she's not my Super Mom so she'd draw fabric for me AND hang it! Can I at least nap in the crib?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am in love with this nursery! I am looking for a celestial globe just like that one - where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails