Saturday, December 11, 2010

who's the fairest of them all?

HA-HA! I fooled you, that's right- I pulled a good one on all of my lovely Abode Lova's... I WASN'T FINISHED WITH MY KITCHEN REMODEL! "What else could she have done!?!" you ask. Two words.... Mirror. Wall. Booya. (well, that's three words isn't it...)


Anyway, I thought it would be fun to keep this one under raps... a secret project that would only be revealed once it was complete! I have hinted a few times that I had something special in mind for my dining area- and this was it! Check out this earlier post I did about mirrors on the wall... you can see where I pulled my inspiration from easily!
(before) 

Mister Husband was in charge of getting this wall together... he hired a glass guy, and had one of his good friends come over to do all of the woodwork! (We gave Colonel Dad a break after finishing the kitchen!) Mr. Hubbs' friend Britt did a GREAT job! 
(Mister Husband hanging the Wisteria mirror!)


Lady sniffing the new present! (and yes- that's King's waggin' tail...) 
 And a little kiss before the big reveal!
 Gorgeous, right? It's from Wisteria- and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. When I planned for this wall of mirrors, I really wanted to be able to hang artwork or mirrors on the wall- so, framing it in was my best option! 
detail shot of the lovely carving
I thought about doing the pattern in squares, but I really love the center mirrors being large- I feel like it opens up the space more that if it were divided. I love that this little, dark nook has turned into a shiny, glittering space! The chandelier's reflection adds even more light and sparkle to the space-- it feels MUCH larger now- don't you love that a mirror can give you extra faux square footage? I do!
 The mirror in the center also breaks up all the vertical lines with something that feels much more organic and natural. 

 This image really shows off the metallic ceiling that I painted almost a year ago!
And here are a few other little Christmas touches that I have added since the last post...

 a little pansies and lambs ear go a long way...


I love a garland and lights wrapped around the staircase... Such a lovely touch when guests walk through the door! 
Another great little touch... fresh flowers! I grabbed a couple of packs of oversized white mums and placed mini arrangements all over the abode!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend, I need to get back to cleaning the abode and cooking for my girlies! T-minus 2 1/2 hours until the party begins!

16 comments:

  1. Wow! I love what you did with the mirrors! It's pure genius! Have a lovely week ahead, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW That is Beautiful! Love the mirrors, it is looking sooo good :) Samie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just took your breakfast nook to a HNO...Ho Notha Level :) LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mirrors so I think that looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you kidding me? those mirrors completely transform that space. it is EXACTLY what it needed. i am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the mirrors... so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a big impact the mirrors have, love it !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just followed you over here from YHL and I heart your dining space. That wall mirror looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Just found you from YHL. Such a glamorous space, looking forward to having a nose around the rest of your lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love it! It makes an ordinary space look so glamorous. I think I love mirrored walls done this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved reading about the process! It turned out absolutely gorgeous. The mirrors and ceiling color just open up the space so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have mirrors in our dining room I can't wait to get rid of but this is making me re-think the whole thing. Wow, great job from Jill @ www.missiondecorate.com!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow the mirrors make the dining room look 4x its size!! an excellent decision for that kind of dining room... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry, this is off-topic, but I love the throw rug you have in your front entrance! Do you mind me asking where you got it? I have a striped one in my front entrance I'm not fond of at all (we bought it right after moving in because we HAD to have something there right away); I need a rug like yours!
    (And P.S.-what a nice home you have!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your home!! Excellent job... Can you please share where you found the corbels you put under the granite for the kitchen island!!
    Thanks!!!
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails